[wplug-plan] reCaptcha for preventing spam

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed May 30 15:26:16 EDT 2007

I do a good deal of browsing using Lynx, so I would like to see
captchas used only when initially establishing an account or for
anonymous edits*.  This way Lynx users could still log in after
they've set up an account using a graphical browser.

I agree that the recaptcha sounds like a good implementation,
plus it has an accessible audio alternative.

*Which currently aren't allowed, but probably could be if
protected by a captcha.