[wplug-plan] Speaker on Non-Roman Scripts

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Thu Aug 9 19:15:07 EDT 2007

WPLUG Plan List:

My friend Ken Wienecke is a programmer that works with SIL in their
Non-Roman Script Initiative (http://scripts.sil.org).  Their mission is
to create fonts for 600 languages that do not use the Roman script we
are accustomed to.  The NRSI is working with Mark Shuttleworth to make
ubuntu the most massively multi-lingual distro of Linux.  Ken is a good
speaker and I think would make a nice presentation at some WPLUG meeting
if there is interest.  He is based in Waxhaw North Carolina, a 9 hour
drive, so it would take a little coordination with other speaking
opportunities.  Let me know if I should pursue a date with Ken.

Greg