[wplug-plan] GUM topic - clusters

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 09:16:52 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> Since the latest Top500 list just came out and Linux has 75% of
> the systems on the list, it might be nice to have a GUM about
> clusters.  I think a cool hook for this could be to ask people to
> bring their laptops to the meeting and set up a cluster on the
> spot using ParallelKnoppix.

Sounds like a good idea for December.

Some links:
http://idea.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/

> I can work on preparing for and setting up the ParallelKnoppix
> cluster.  However, I'm not very knowledgeable in this area, so I'm
> not really much of an authoritative speaker.  Perhaps we could get
> someone from PSC?

What can we run on the cluster once we've got it set up? I'm open to
anything, as long as it shows off what the cluster can do.

I may have a contact who knows somebody at PSC. I'll get back to you on this.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>