[wplug-plan] hosted member email

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue May 23 18:39:56 EDT 2006

FYI, here is a general description of the whole hosted Gmail
thingy: <https://www.google.com/hosted/FAQ>.

The Gmail policies at
<http://www.google.com/mail/help/program_policies.html> say:
  "...users may not...Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any
  unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Gmail account..."

To be on the safe side, I think we probably shouldn't try to use
this as a fundraising tool.  However, it could be an incentive to
recruit people for jobs: host a meeting, get an e-mail account.
Considering that 25 accounts covers over 1/4 of our membership,
they can probably be handed out even for minor efforts.