[wplug-plan] hosted member email

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue May 23 18:54:06 EDT 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:

> To be on the safe side, I think we probably shouldn't try to use
> this as a fundraising tool.  However, it could be an incentive to
> recruit people for jobs: host a meeting, get an e-mail account.
> Considering that 25 accounts covers over 1/4 of our membership,
> they can probably be handed out even for minor efforts.

I don't think getting more in the future will be an issue.

Did this come up at the member's meeting? Last time I checked, there was a
waiting list to sign up. Do we want to go with a subdomain of wplug.org or
something like wplugmembers.org (maybe wpluggers.org)?

The new domain would be easier from a DNS and MX setup point of view.

-james