[wplug-plan] Pizza and Sign-In

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Mar 31 11:28:28 EST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, David Ostroske wrote:
> A lot of people already know that we do pizza and have a sign-in
> sheet. We could get the early folks first, then the host could issue a
> reminder and ask for a show of hands. This might be a tad
> embarrassing, so the host might have to smooth over the unwanted
> attention being drawn to the stragglers. The host could keep speaking,
> and just cover things that the newbies and stragglers could discover
> on their own, like future events, the donuts & snack table, giveaways,
> and door prizes.

Some events have a registration table planted right by the door so that
people can sign in, pickup their handouts, make a name tag, pay for lunch,
etc. Now that we have one ingress to the meeting room, we may be able to
implement this. We might want to put a table in the hallway because we
have so little sq foot in 3002. Once the presentation starts we can put a
sign out in the hallway to tell people to sign in.

Staffing this table would be a great co-host duty.

We do need a cohost for tomorrow btw... Hint hint!

Thanks,
Beth Lynn