[wplug-plan] Pizza and Sign-In

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 08:35:30 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, James O'Kane <jo2y at midnightlinux.com> wrote:
> If this was clarified in the parts I skimmed, I apologize. Something that
> always bothered me was when the pizza troll was invoked and he/she started
> their rounds to collect money while the host was still talking.  Usually
> people are searching their person for $5 and not listening to the host.

Thanks for bringing that up, James. That does bother me, too, though
I've only been dimly aware of it.

> It seems possible to tie pizza money collection in with sign-ins. At least
> at the beginning of the meeting when the bulk of people arrive.

> -james

I had been thinking about that, and had started writing something
along those lines. I wanted to limit my comments to Vance's script,
though, so I erased what I wrote. So I'll try again.

We could have the pizza troll carry around the sign-in sheet, and pick
up signatures and pizza orders at the same time. If the host won't be
talking during the collection, then having a pizza/sign-in troll might
save us some time and effort.

A lot of people already know that we do pizza and have a sign-in
sheet. We could get the early folks first, then the host could issue a
reminder and ask for a show of hands. This might be a tad
embarrassing, so the host might have to smooth over the unwanted
attention being drawn to the stragglers. The host could keep speaking,
and just cover things that the newbies and stragglers could discover
on their own, like future events, the donuts & snack table, giveaways,
and door prizes.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>