[wplug-plan] Application to be an ePartner of Business Calendar

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Thu Jul 20 10:51:47 EDT 2006

I included the planning list on an email I sent to the Business Calendar, but it was bounced because it contained attachments (logos) that exceeded the size limit.  So...I will paste in my note below.  You have seen our logo anyway.

Greg

To:  alexbotkin at hotmail.com  (per link on http://businesscalendar.org/epartnering.htm)

Hi Alex,

I am on the Public Relations committee of the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group (www.wplug.org). We are investigating ways of better engaging the larger community here in Pittsburgh. I feel that the Business Calendar has been a big blessing to Pittsburgh for many years and is certainly an avenue we should be exploring to promote our organization.  I would like you to consider WPLUG as an ePartner.

WPLUG believes that Linux and other Open Source software has a much larger role to play in both personal and business computing and we want to encourage users and potential users by providing technical support and training.  We have regularly monthly events with lectures and "Installfests" to help people get comfortable with Open Source OS and software.

I read over your web page on ePartnering and I understand that I just need to send you a logo that is not over 100 x 50 pixels.  I took our regular logo from our web site and shrunk it to 100 pixels wide.  You may have better ways to prepare the logo for your web site so I included the logo as-saved from the site as well. I have already posted an annoucement for our August 5 meeting.  Please let me know if you need me to provide further information. Thanks again for this valuable community service.

Will you be at Summer Slam V tonight?  If so, I will look for you.

Greg Simkins
Phone: 412-478-2892