[wplug-plan] campus booth space for promotions

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Jan 24 09:21:11 EST 2006

bottom posted

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:

> Beth Lynn wrote:
>> 3. Give out free Knoppix and "The Open CD"
>
> Beth Lynn gave me 100 blank CDs.  I burned Knoppix on 25 of them,
> and would like some guidance on what to do with the rest.  I think
> the best choices are:
>
> -Knoppix 4.0.2
> -Ubuntu 5.10 live CD
> -TheOpenCD 3.1 (includes a bootable mini-Ubuntu 5.10)
> -SimplyMEPIS 3.3.1-1
>
> Other than Knoppix, I don't have a master for any of these.  But
> with enough notice I should be able to download them.
>
> So how should I divide up the remaining 75?
>
> Vance Kochenderfer        |  "Get me out of these ropes and into a
> vkochend at nyx.net          |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

Hello,

Mike Hansell has placed an order for Ubuntu cds so you'd do best not
burning any of those.

We could use at least 60 total Knoppix cds to give out. I'm sure we can
make them go between 1/28 2/2 2/5 2/12 3/5

My vote goes to 20 SimplyMEPIS and 20 TheOpenCD.

Thanks Vance! Please contact me off-list so we can make arrangements for
pickup so that we will have some CDs to give out on Friday.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn