[wplug-plan] Pizza and Sign-In

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Apr 1 14:55:07 EST 2006

On sáb, 2006-04-01 at 13:50 -0500, Zach wrote:
> I recall at CMU Computer Club meetings they ordered pizza after
> everyone showed up and there was always plenty for everyone. Guests
> could eat freely as well. Can we do this?

For the final time. No.

Seriously, pizza costs money - a significant amount of money.  If we
were to pay for pizza at each meeting we would have no money left after
approximately 7 meetings.  As a CMU organization, they got money from
the university.  We don't get the same sort of funding and cannot just
give food away.  Even the kitty thing RARELY works out.  We loose a
decent amount of money on the donuts and OJ at almost every meeting.

The pizza thing is unscalable in it's current implementation, so WPLUG
needs to do some thinking about what's next regarding food at meetings.
If you've got ideas for some magical free food source that doesn't
involve Star Trek replicators, then we're open to listening.  If you're
going to suggest sponsorship, please provide us with a name and
telephone number of a contact person.

--Patrick