[wplug-plan] Pizza issues -- was Draft script for hosts

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 01:29:20 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, Greg Simkins <gregsim at telerama.com> wrote:
> Add one complaint from one guy who got no pizza at all at the last meeting.
>
> How many slices gets ordered for each $5?  It seems like I should have
> gotten a slice or two.  By the time I got into the room, the swarm of
> locusts had consumed everything.  The pizza process sucks!

I can answer that one. Sorry to hear about that, Greg.

The last meeting was a one-time fluke. We had somebody new figure out
the pizza order, but they didn't know what we typically get. We've
always figured on about three slices per person, and we've gotten
special deals from the pizzeria on large pizza orders. But our guy
last time didn't know about either of these things, and he ordered
without consulting anyone else. He underestimated.

I could see to it that you get your dibs next time around, Greg. See
me early, and I'll help you out.

> Very truly yours,
>
> Greg

BTW, I'm not particularly passionate about giving special preferences
to veggies. But if we have such a policy in place, it makes sense to
extend it to others with special dietary needs. But no matter what,
pizza will always go to those who get in line first. We just need to
make sure that we get enough, and we have in the past.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>