[wplug-plan] future wplug meetings and space reservations

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Mar 18 17:17:57 EST 2005

Alex wrote:

>[Sorry for the sudden incursion from the land of
>"lurk"  :-) ]
>
>Internet is nice...but the focus is Linux and an
>internal network, not necessarily the greater
>cloudscape....
>
>If I remember correctly, in the deep, dark hallways of
>the past, we've done places like the Squirrel Hill
>Carnegie Library.  I wonder if with their expansion
>they have more meeting rooms?
>
>Also, I've noted that several Panera Bread locations
>have separate meeting room/dining room facilities...If
>you throw in a fee for bagels and coffee (or whatever)
>perhaps they'd be accomodating.  Panera's are usually
>located with adequate parking facilities, and local
>transportation....
>
>..alex.

These places are nowhere near as large as we need.  We can get 30 or 40
people attend a GUM.  We need projectors and electric outlets for
speakers.  I've seen these panera bread rooms, you can barely fit a
dozen people in them.  Also, with panera, we're limited by what kinds of
food we can bring.

I've not been in the Carnegie Librarie's meeting rooms, but I doubt we'd
be able to do anything with food.

Jonathan Billings