[wplug-plan] Possible conference topics

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue Mar 8 13:53:41 EST 2005

A local conference sounds pretty cool.  And I know BethLynn's been
involved in putting one on and so knows just how much work is
involved.  Having been involved with a couple myself, it can be a
pretty rewarding experience.

How hard is it to attract presenters for smaller regional conferences?
(epsecially for a first-time conference before a name's been
established) We might want to see what resources locally we can
exploit^H^H^H^H^H invite and base the theme around that.  I know some
wpluggers who have done scientific computing, and stuff like VoIP has
some local experts too.

Another idea is to think of the kind of conference we'd like to go to
as individuals, and go from there.  Fer instance, robotocs and
supercomputing don't do a lot for me, but stuff like programming and
music would be interesting.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple.  markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "My name is Brak!  That's Hawaiian for FISH FOOD!"
    -- Brak