[wplug-plan] Possible conference topics

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Mon Mar 7 22:24:36 EST 2005

During the car ride back, we discussed some potential gimmicks
that could be used if we decided to host some kind of conference
in Pittsburgh.  Here they are, plus some more I thought up.

Remember the rules of brainstorming:
<http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/inst/ag-bg/lv/il/dilbert-brainstorm.gif>

-Education - K12Linux?  What applications?
-Embedded - Cool devices, plus maybe TimeSys could be persuaded
             to sponsor :)
-Supercomputing - PSC, maybe too narrow appeal
-Robots - Is this overdone?
-BridgeCon - Pittsburgh is a city of bridges, could have a
              different "bridging" theme each year such as:
               +Networked filesystems - AFS, NFS, Coda, Samba
               +Cross-platform apps - Mozilla, Openoffice.org
               +Emulation/virtualization - Xen, UML, VMware, Wine
-Laboratory Apps - PittCon is too big for Pittsburgh, but an
                    open source lab conference wouldn't be

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger