[wplug-plan] April GUM

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Mar 26 17:45:17 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Zach Paine wrote:

> We need a topic.  I was thinking that a presentation on GPG/PGP would
> be interesting.  Anyone want to volunteer?  Meeting attendees could
> exchange key sigs as well.

I still want to see a talk about this, but it is almost a two parter. To
do a proper key signing party, people would need to generate keys and send
the finger prints to a coordinator, and at the next meeting do the
verification song and dance. I was thinking at one meeting, someone could
talk about what it is, how it works, and how to generate keys. Then in the
week between that and the next weekend they email the fingerprints and at
an installfest we so the signing.
I think having 3 weeks between the learning about keys and the signing
party thing might be too long.
But feel free to disagree.

-james