[wplug-plan] Re: [wplug] What do you guys thing?

Logan dracoaardvark at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:57:40 EST 2002

<snip>
Most of the schools have hybrid systems that are a mix of novell and
windows.  If we can show them how they can replace some of them with linux,
then they might  consider it for other things.  I think that most use novell
as a file server, so maybe a demo on Samba would be good.  Other things that
come to mind would be webserver or Firewall.  With all these attacks on
Windows machines, I think that they would consider this.
<snip>

Security is especially important in schools that have gradebooks /software/
like ours, they have to be sure students can't change the grades. We should
emphasize how much more secure Linux is, they'd probably like that.