[wplug-plan] Re: [wplug] What do you guys thing?

Chris chris.romano at verizon.net
Wed Jan 9 15:29:51 EST 2002

I was worried about that too.  I don't think that they are looking to
replace backend servers right now.  The meeting is just a monthly thing were
they all talk.  However, that gives us a chance to do this for a large
group.  I  think that our best bet is to start small.  Most of the schools
have hybrid systems that are a mix of novell and windows.  If we can show
them how they can replace some of them with linux, then they might consider
it for other things.  I think that most use novell as a file server, so
maybe a demo on Samba would be good.  Other things that come to mind would
be webserver or Firewall.  With all these attacks on Windows machines, I
think that they would consider this.  I am going to try and call my aunt and
talk more in depth with her and maybe see if she can contact the schools and
see what they would like to see.

Chris