[wplug-plan] GUM topic proposal

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Fri Mar 2 11:56:28 EST 2001

People,

I'm willing to talk at a GUM (of course, with the assistance of certain
circles and arrows).  The title is "Linux: Fostering a Conciousness of
Gratitude".  The topic was a percipitated from the collisions of to
streams of thought.  One is being privy to the Bitkeeper developers
list and seeing things like : "Wow, I just used citool and I got to
say: IT ROCKS!!".  The other is to be privy to a conversation which
talked of positional titles in an organization as a way to recognize
contribution (coincidentally I've been target of titles recently).
Having experienced both, I prefer gratitude to labels.

So what this GUM will be about is flushing out what ROCKS and looking
at the barriers for communicating what rocks back to the folks behind
the scenes.  And to hear back if expressing gratitude to others is
as wonderful for you as it has been to me.

Timeframe is April or after.
Thoughts, comments?

-- Rick