[wplug-plan] Re: Fixing the bylaws

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Thu Mar 1 01:26:33 EST 2001

Quoting Zach Paine <zman at wplug.org>:

> I would like to do something like this.  Perhaps what evand suggested.
> Employ the kuro5hin.org engine.  For those who don't hang out on
> kuro5hin.org, it works like this:
>
> 1. People submit 'articles'.  In our case items for the bylaws.
> 2. Everyone is a moderator.  People vote up articles they like.  Once
> they
> reach a certain vote tally, they are posted a page where we can see
> what
> has been approved by the group.

Well, I looked at kuro5hin.org briefly. I couldn't find voting, but maybe I was
looking in the wrong places. Can you offer a link to a page showing how the
moderation works? (+1's and -1's, right?)

If you could give a brief presentation of the benefits and potential
implementation of the kuro5hin.org engine within WPLUG, that'd add a little
spice to our normal plan meetings!

> I suggest that the plan meeting on saturday should be used to discuss
> the
> process for creating the bylaws.

Sounds good, assuming we can find a time and place for the meeting quickly!

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at telerama.com
    "My bad... all my opinion are belong to me"