[wplug-plan] Installfests losing fun points

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Wed Feb 14 22:54:00 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:53:32 Brian Sammon wrote:
> > functions nicely.  For those who have been to recent installfests, they
> > know that they are losing fun points.
>
> This is a statement that merits discussion.  Aside from possible problems
> with
> attendance numbers, I've been perfectly happy with previous installfests,
> and
> I've had a lot of fun at them.
>
> Is there something that people think has been missing from recent
> installfests?

Seems like there has been low morale.  This is a possible side-affect of
low attendance.  I would like to have more resources available on hand
(cd's etc), and more people there volunteering to help people install
linux.  Getting the/a router there on time.  Movie watching is fun for me.
The router problem seems to have been resolved, and a prompt announcement
should be enough to take care of attendance.