[wplug-plan] Installfests losing fun points

Logan dracoaardvark at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 02:47:11 EST 2001

-snip-
> > Is there something that people think has been missing from recent
> > installfests?

I'm newer to the groop, and the only 'fun' install fests I remember were
when the Quake III demo came out, and everybody was playing with that, and
we watched DVD's and ate pizza, it gave it much more of a party atmosphere,
that was a lot more fun than spending the entire time on a faled attempt to
get linux to work on my laptop.

> Seems like there has been low morale.  This is a possible side-affect of
> low attendance.  I would like to have more resources available on hand
> (cd's etc), and more people there volunteering to help people install
> linux.  Getting the/a router there on time.  Movie watching is fun for me.
> The router problem seems to have been resolved, and a prompt announcement
> should be enough to take care of attendance.

If the router thing isn't resolved, Evan and I usually show up early, we
both have routers that we could bring.