[wplug-plan] School Program

MedCure Systems medcure at icubed.com
Fri Feb 9 00:02:54 EST 2001

To: W. PA Linux Users Group
From: John Plunkett

Attached is a URL that we wanted to make available to K-12 teachers in
this region.  This would be offered on a voluntary basis to the teachers
willing to set up their class and make the services available to their
students.  The arrangements are about to be finalized with an ISP and
Training Facility.  There has been some interest from a two year college
to see if some of their students would volunteer to assist until they
have enough course work to contribute.    We would welcome the oversight
of the Wplug to assist with the overall development and implementation
of this service in the local schools.

It is going to take some time to train the teachers that participate and
fully utilize the system in their class room.  On the positive side, we
feel that this group of teachers will be highly motivated and a pleasure
to work with, since they made the decision on their own to
participate.   Once these teacher's classes are operational, we feel
that the other teachers from within that school will be interested in
participating.  When enough teachers participate from the same school,
requests to move a server within the premise of their building should be
expected.  The WPLUG would be in ideal position to assist with this
transition and insure a smooth implementation.    These schools that
participate would provide the WPLUG with several meeting rooms
throughout the region with an internet connection for installfests and
other WPLUG activities.

I look forward to the opportunity of working with you on providing this
valuable service.

http://manhattan.sourceforge.net/