[wplug-plan] Bylaws

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Thu Feb 8 22:43:39 EST 2001

Has anyone notified draco aardvark that this discussion is now going on in
plan?  Probably should do that if possible.
> I think that the bylaws need to be totally rewritten.  We haven't really
> followed them for quite a while.  For example, there is no chair,
> executive committee or organizational officers.

I completely agree here.  I think we should have a chair and an executive
committee, the committee being made up as officers such as: PR Officer,
Treasurer, etc.  Of course these are things to be left to discussion later.

> Some people think this is better, other think it is bad.  Others don't
> care.  Personally, I think we should elect a chair and officers.  Not
> only
> would this be good for the group, but IT WOULD GIVE US A TOPIC FOR THE
> NEXT MEETING.  We should probably first give fair warning.  the current
> by-laws also allow mail-in votes, so we'd have to plan that too.

Could we consider this for the March meeting?  We could discuss the issue
at the meeting and put items up to vote for a week using markd2's newly
patented voting system.

What is the best way to re-write the bylaws? Lets focus on that first.

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key