[wplug-plan] LUG Discount Program (fwd)

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Thu Apr 19 20:38:55 EDT 2001

> Personally, I think "sell direct," but there's room for giveaways.

Sounds good to me.

> Whichever method we choose, it would have to draw some attention to
> WPLUG. Maybe
> I'm wrong, but I don't think that 10 of us (i.e. WPLUG regulars) would
> agree on
> a single game to buy. Whatever our decision, it would promote Loki, and
> it would
> promote us.

This is also true.  I think posters and something on the webpage would be
the right thing to do.

The other question is if we want to sell for a slight discount and make a
profit as Loki seemed to suggest.  We would need a few people to work on
this.  Posting messages to Pitt and CMU areas and cooperation from the
web-group to get something online.  Perhaps the public messages/posters
could point to a website that will coordinate the purchases as David
suggested.  I can coordinate with Loki, but we are going to need more
people from within the group to help out.
--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key