[wplug-members] Draft Minutes for the WPLUG Board Meeting, 9/12/2006

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 00:58:08 EDT 2006

Here are the draft minutes for the WPLUG Board meeting tonight. I'll
be re-posting the bylaws changes recommended by the Board on the
wplug-plan list, so that we all can discuss the changes, perhaps
suggest further changes, before the Saturday meeting.

WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA LINUX USERS GROUP
Scheduled Board Meeting, September 12th, 2006, 7:00pm
TimeSys Corporation, 925 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222

CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 8:03 PM.

4 Directors were present at the meeting. Attending were:
*Beth Lynn Eicher, Vice-Chair
*Bill Moran, Chair
*Patrick Wagstrom, Treasurer
*David Ostroske, Secretary

Chris Teodorski, Director-At-Large, was absent.

NOMINATIONS AND ANNUAL MEETING
Beth reported that there was discussion on the wplug-plan list about
arranging refreshments for the nominations meeting on September 16th.
There is a $30 cleaning fee, which we would be charged at this and the
annual meeting on October 21st.

Patrick moved, and after debate and amendment, the Board approved, the
following plan: For September, we will not organize a meal, but we
will get donuts and regular refreshments. For the October meeting, we
will arrange a potluck lunch. We will take an informal survey at the
September meeting of arrangements for food in October.

Bill Moran will host the September meeting and will give
announcements. We will tap Mike O'Connor to co-host the meeting and to
greet members.

We will set up a wiki page for lightning talks at the October meeting.

BYLAWS AMENDMENT
After review of outstanding issues, the Board concluded that no more
recommendations were needed. The recommendations will be taken up by
the membership at the September 16th, 2006 meeting.

OTHER BUSINESS
* Resignation from Membership
Dave moved that we adopt the following language, as a special rule of order:
---BEGIN
Any member desiring to resign from WPLUG shall submit resignation in
writing to the Secretary, who shall present it to the Board for
action.
---END
After debate and amendment, the rule was adopted.

* Pittsburgh Perl Mongers
Beth reported on the Pittsburgh Perl Workshop. She recommended that we
set up a kiosk at the workshop and provide hardware and volunteers for
the event. Dave volunteered to attend the workshop.

ADJOURN
We adjourned at 9:36 PM.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>