[wplug-internet] Test ticket system set up

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sat Oct 15 23:10:34 EDT 2016

Apparently my Apache changes broke http access to the wiki;
investigating that now.

Pat Barron wrote:
> I will try to make a systemd service to start and stop it. I'll try to
> avoid embedding the project and authentication DB info in the actual
> systemd service.

The following is what I cobbled together based on some online examples:

[Unit]
Description=Trac Server
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/path/to/tracd --daemonize --hostname=127.0.0.1 --port=8000
--auth="wplug-internet,/var/trac/auth/wplug-internet.pw,wplug-internet"
--pidfile=/var/run/??? /var/trac/projects/wplug-internet
PIDFile=/var/run/???
User=trac
Group=trac

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The part that is not straightforward is creating the pidfile.  This is
apparently really needed by systemd to keep watch over the trac process.
There is a separate systemd unit which creates directories under
/var/run with appropriate permissions - I think the trac user (and/or
group) will need write permission for this.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger