[wplug-internet] wplug.org domain renewal

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Wed Dec 10 01:04:53 EST 2014

Here is a good example of the kind of topic that would be discussed on
wplug-internet.

Our registration for the wplug.org domain is due to expire in March
2015.  We should come up with a recommendation to present to the Board
so it can be renewed.

We are currently using pair as our registrar.  Its major benefits are
that it is a local company and a strong supporter of Free Software.  In
the past several years we have been using pair, I'm not aware of any
problems we've experienced.

Their pricing is not the absolute cheapest out there, but is very
competitive <https://www.pairnic.com/prices.html>.  We can renew for a
five-year period for $65 ($13/yr).

Note that this does not lock us in to pair for five years; the domain
can always be transferred if need be.  We would not receive a refund
upon transferring, but would keep the time we purchased.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger