[wplug-internet] MediaWiki "UserAdmin" extension

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Jul 29 22:42:38 EDT 2012

Is there a specific reason we don't have this installed?  (Aside from,
of course, that it's not guaranteed to work with the version of
MediaWiki we use...)

A board member asked me to check to see what e-mail address was
associated with this wiki account, and (as a novice to MediaWiki
administration), I was rather surprised to discover that there's
apparently no way to examine a user's account, even as a sysop. This
extension would address that.

Or do we have some other means of doing user administration?  The way
things are set up right now, is it really necessary to directly hack on
the database in order to examine or change something in a user account?

--Pat.