[wplug-bsd] RELENG_4 end of life

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sun Mar 18 21:13:41 EST 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just found out that RELENG_4 (which I am running) reached its "end of
>> life" on 31 January, and FreeBSD is recommending all users to upgrade to
>> RELENG_6.
>
> 6.x is rock solid.  Maybe some of the Pair.com guys can offer a different
> opinion, but I barely notice "major changes" as far as workstaions go. Just
> pure performance, security, scalability.

Well, I look forward to it.

If my understanding is correct, all I need to do is change RELENG_4 to
RELENG_6 in my cvsup configfile, update my sources, and rebuild the world
and kernel according to the handbook section 21.4.  Is this correct?

Can I likely use the same kernel config as in 4.X?

-Brandon