[wplug-bsd] FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE Printer Issues

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Nov 19 14:16:20 EST 2003

It certainly sounds more and more like a problem with USB.  You might
want to try slowing down the stream of data going into the printer,
perhaps the printer buffer wigs out when it fills up completely?
(doubtful but I'm just grasping at straws).  You could use this perl
script as a pipe to stream ~4K/sec into the redirect to /dev/ulpt0.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my $buf;

while(read(STDIN, $buf, 4096)) {