[wplug-board] A potential presentation I could do...

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Mar 31 00:47:30 EDT 2014

In revisiting some work I did some time ago (that turns out to still be
relevant... ;-) ), I realize I could potentially do a presentation about
it.  The working title would be, "Deconstructing Mozilla Add-Ons".  It
would be an overview of some exploration I've done about taking existing
Mozilla add-ons, taking them apart, changing them around, and putting
them back together again to use. The thing that got me originally
looking into this was a previous desire to use older add-ons that had
become "orphaned", and that later versions of Firefox would not accept
because it didn't think the add-on was compatible with that version -
except that they worked just fine, but for the fact that since the
add-ons no longer had a maintainer, nobody updated the allowed version
numbers in the manifest....

I can't say that I'm "itching" to do this presentation (though I'm
certainly happy to if there's specific interest in the topic), but I did
realize that it's something I've done some work with that others might
find useful and practical, and I'm glad to present it if we need
additional programming to flesh out our schedule.

--Pat.