[wplug-board] The Day We Fight Back

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Feb 10 05:43:54 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 08:30:10AM -0500, Justin Smith wrote:
> I just found out that a group of Internet privacy advocates, from the
> EFF to Mozilla, Reddit and others, are going to hold an online event on
> February 11th called "The Day We Fight Back" that is meant to raise
> awareness of the digital surveillance taking place in this country.

Sorry for not addressing this earlier, but I had a devil of a time
trying to figure out how to add this to MediaWiki.  Turns out it
was really simple, I was just looking in the wrong place.

I agree that this is an effort consonant with the principles of
Free Software and I support it.  However, I recognize that WPLUG
as a whole might not have the same position.  No one on the board
expressed any objections, so I went ahead and added the banner to
our site.

The banner will not actually become visible until February 11,
when the campaign starts.  If there are objections, it can be
removed from the site by editing or deleting the page
<http://www.wplug.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js> by someone with
Administrator access to the wiki.

I did not sign up on thedaywefightback.org as a participating web
site yet.