[wplug-board] Blender event update

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Sat Apr 26 10:00:43 EDT 2014

Hi, everyone. Here's an update on our plans for the Blender event at next
month.

The spring semester classes at Pittsburgh Filmmakers end on Tuesday,
April 29. After that, there will be a short break, and then summer semester
classes will begin on Thursday, May 8. Since we have fewer classes during
the summer, we can expect fewer students to be around.

On the other hand, this means that more professors will be able to attend,
and we will have greater flexibility in choosing a meeting room. Turnout
should still be considerably larger than the average WPLUG event.

I sent some basic information about the event to our registrar and asked
her to pass it on to the faculty. The feedback so far has been very positive.
People I never expected to respond have said that they're excited about
hearing Roland's presentation, and our executive director, Charlie
Humphrey, thinks it's a smart thing to do.

Based on that, I think we have all the support necessary to move forward.

Monday seems to be the "best" day of the week during summer, so I
suggest holding the meeting on Monday, May 19. We'll have a couple of
weeks to promote it, and we won't be interfering with people's plans for
Memorial Day. We could start serving food at either 5:00 or 5:30 and start
the event at 6:00 or 6:30.

How does that sound?

--
*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Any fool can use a computer. Many do."/