[wplug-board] Draft to Pgh Tech Council

Terence J. Golightly vze27hs6 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 19 13:17:22 EST 2011

Board, PR Committee;

The following is my first draft of my attempt to make contact with the
PTC.  I would like your comments regarding this message.  So dig deep
and think about the audience that I am attempting to relate so as to get
a positive response. A positive response would be the names and email
addresses of CIO's and or those in the know for each company that would
be willing to communicate with us.

This message will be posted to PTC's CONTACT US web page.  I will
provide information in fields they stimpulate and then the message body
would contain something like the following:

We at WPLUG are interested in finding out about companies in
southwestern Pennsylvania that use of Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
and or the Linux operating system in their respective corporate
production computing environments.  We would like to solicit papers for
our newsletter: top at wplug.org or for speakers to present at our our
monthly user meetings events at wplug.org.

Of course this is not complete, I am need ideas here.  Should I be
contacting them directly? Or should I just try to contact each company
directly bypassing the PTC?

Sincerely,

Terry Golightly
Vice Chair your WPLUG