[wplug-board] Ballot for 2007

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 23:32:16 EST 2007

Bill, there are some changes that need to be made to your draft.

The proposed language for Section 3.3 should read as follows (the last
two sentences were added): "All Members in good standing shall be
allowed to vote. Voting rights shall commence one week after
certification of initial membership. This restriction can be waived by
unanimous consent of Members present at the meeting."

The Effects section is incomplete. Let me suggest the following:
"Effects of Adopting the Proposal: New members can vote immediately,
and lapsed members have no grace period but can renew almost
immediately. Members can set the dues without a Board recommendation,
though the Board can still recommend the dues amount. In addition, the
membership terms are spelled out more clearly."

On the question line, maybe just call it Question, instead of Question #1.

The last line of the "How to Vote by Mail" paragraph should read "Your
ballot must be received by January 12 to be counted." Though like
Vance said, it's too late for January, so this date should be changed
to the day before the February meeting. We can afford to be more
flexible at Board meetings, but since we can't contact all the
members, we gotta adhere to the timetable.

The mailto: link at the bottom of the page still links to my email
address! Use "Edit > Hyperlink" in OOo Writer.

Here's another recommendation: Can you put all of the ballot language
on the first page, and put the voting instructions on the second page?
That way, the voters can mail in just the first page if they want to
vote by mail.

I still have to clean up the membership list, so we can get a voter
list together. I'll explain why this is taking me so long to do, once
I get a couple decades free to explain. But right now, it's getting
late, and I've gotta get some rest.

David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>