[wplug-board] -members@ posting regarding dues changes

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:14:37 EDT 2006

Bill, I think your letter is good. If I were to change anything, it
would be to emphasize that our meetings are open to anyone, and that
we're starting to offer some nice benefits for members (e.g. discounts
for classes and conventions).

One more comment, below...

On 7/21/06, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
> chris at teodorski.com wrote:
[...]
> > I'd rather be hit with the increase in a larger chunk up front than small
> > increases every single year.
[...]
> We did discuss this a lot, and the general consensus (as I understood it)
> was that we couldn't really be sure exactly what our expenses would be
> in the future, so we could only estimate our needs.  As a result, we
> more-or-less chose an amount that we thought was a close guess as to
> what would work with the idea that we'd revisit the issue in the future.

Vance made an important point. The bylaws say that the board
recommends the dues amount, and the membership is called upon to
approve that amount. We've already made our recommendation of $10.00.
I don't know if the membership could amend this recommendation, but
I'd need to check Robert's to see if they could, given the rules that
we've established.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>