[wplug-board] -members@ posting regarding dues changes

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jul 21 15:14:53 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
chris at teodorski.com wrote:

[snip letter]

> I think this letter is great.
>
> The only issue I have is this (and I apologize profusely if my leaving the
> last meeting with a migraine caused me to miss this discussion):
>
> I am of the belief that we should make sure that the increase to $10 will
> be enough to keep us from having to go back to the well next year or the
> year after (as best we can tell).  I understand it is difficult to predict
> but there is nothing I hate more than being told every year that the price
> of X is increasing.
>
> I'd rather be hit with the increase in a larger chunk up front than small
> increases every single year.
>
> I also don't think that $10, $15, or $20 for a year would be a financial
> hardship for the overwhelming majority of our members.
>
> If this was already hashed out at the meeting, I will gladly keep my
> opinions to myself :P

Nah ... getting your opinions is important, and apologizing for having
a migraine is kinda silly -- isn't like you did it on purpose.

We did discuss this a lot, and the general consensus (as I understood it)
was that we couldn't really be sure exactly what our expenses would be
in the future, so we could only estimate our needs.  As a result, we
more-or-less chose an amount that we thought was a close guess as to
what would work with the idea that we'd revisit the issue in the future.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies