[wplug-board] Agenda for WPLUG Board Meeting, 7/12/2006

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:04:32 EDT 2006

Is it me, or are these things more productive when we don't have a tight agenda?

No matter. We have a lot of stuff that we never brought up last month,
and that stuff has got to take priority, before we start bringing up
new business. However, if there's something seriously pressing that
we've got to take up earlier than later, then let us all know.

We've still got our reports to make, and we'll have abbreviated
committee reports because I didn't get the calls for them out fast
enough. But let's take care of the boring stuff before we take up
anything else. It's our monthly chron job.

* Group Discounts for LISA '06 and other events
Any word on this?
On a slightly related note, Bill's PHP class at ProTechTraining starts
on Thursday. I wonder how many WPLUG folks signed up for this?

* Meeting space, at CMU and elsewhere
This is actually unfinished business from the last meeting. We
essentially need a followup, especially since we allocated funds for
it.
Beth, any word on the September and October venues? Did Judi Galardi
help out with this?

* Report on continuing activities from last meeting
That's the LugRadio Live USA feasibility study. We said we'd take this
matter up this month at the last meeting. (I still have a copy of the
podcast at which the LugRadio guys read Chris' letter, BTW.)

* Review/discuss Lance's proposal for Gmail-hosted email accounts
Here's his proposal again. The discussion took place on the wplug
mailing list in May and June.
---BEGIN
Resolved, That WPLUG purchase the domain name 'wplugger.org' and use
it in connection with the 'Gmail for your domain' service to provide
e-mail services to members.  The Internet Committee shall have power
to administer the service and shall assign accounts to WPLUG members
on a first-come, first-served basis.  Only current WPLUG members may
obtain or hold an account.
---END

* Moving InstallFests to a quarterly schedule

* Bylaws amendment to address quorum matters
These ideas all came up at the informal membership discussion in June.
Bylaws changes must go to the membership for absentee balloting.
Should we endorse any of these ideas?
*"Parking" membership to reduce quorum
*reducing quorum at membership meetings
*special non-voting membership option