[wplug-board] Need to recall some meeting minutes

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 01:27:05 EDT 2006

Guys, I need to pick your brains for a bit. After my laptop crashed, I
recorded the rest of tonight's board meeting on paper. But I lost some
of my notes in the crash. I'd like to compose those notes again.

I'll recall, as well as I can, what we discussed, or otherwise just
ask what we discussed. If you can fill in the blanks, or correct my
errors, then I could get the minutes out by Saturday.

Here goes. I need to recollect everything starting from the
feasibility study and stopping just before the quorum matters were
taken up.

* Feasibility study
Beth Lynn reported that there would be two major expenses that we
would need to cover: flying over the LugRadio people, and getting a
venue for the event. Beth estimated that a round-trip flight to and
from England for four people would cost about $4,000. So we would need
to economize when choosing a venue. She suggested a lecture hall in
Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh but had higher recommendations for the
Carnegie Library in Carnegie, PA, which offers a large seating
capacity. (How many people would it seat?)

Bill reported that he had attempted to contact the Confluence
organizers to get some convention advice. However, they are currently
busy with getting their own convention together. Bill will contact
them again after Confluence 2006 ends, in about two weeks.

(Just for fun, here's Confluence's website:
http://parsec-sff.org/confluence/index.html )

* Gmail-hosted email accounts
After considering the consequences of providing email services to
WPLUG members through Gmail's domain-hosting services, Dave offered to
survey the members of WPLUG to see how many members are truly
interested in this sort of thing. If enough members (I won't include
the number in the survey) express interest, then we will pursue the
matter further.

* Moving Installfest to a quarterly schedule
It was noted at the meeting that the installfest held on Labor Day
weekend had an unusually low turnout, and that the installfest held on
July 8th was well-attended. We agreed to refer the matter to the
Program Committee, who will determine if holding installfests on a
quarterly basis, rather than once every two months.

Then we took up quorum-boosting measures, and that's when my hard
drive went nuts. (You may be pleased to learn that It's working
perfectly now. I just had to push it back into place when I got home.)

So, did I remember these fact correctly? I could leave out the
parenthetical comments if there's nothing more that needs to be added.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>