[wplug-board] Board meeting next week, sometime?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Jan 16 12:20:43 EST 2006

David Ostroske wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>>> So.  The first thing I'd like to do is propose that we adopt a "tradition"
>>> of "work + afterparty".  The concept is we work before we play.  I'd like
>>> to recommend that we schedule board meetings at the most non-distracting
>>> places possible - preferably meeting rooms.  No food.  No TV in the
>>> background.  The goal is to get into the board meeting and get through
>>> the agenda efficiently.
>>>
>> Excellent idea.  A well run meeting should save us lots of time and keep
>> tempers from flaring.  I've been told that a little vein pops out in my
>> head when I get angry.  You don't want to see the angry vein do you?
>>

> Bill, doing "Work + afterparty" is a good idea, except that I'd
> probably get hungry during the meeting. I think that if we're going to
> do that, then we should schedule our meetings for c. 7:00pm, to allow
> us time to chase down some grub beforehand.

I don't see that as an "except", simply as something we have to account
for when planning.

>> I can also see about reserving rooms, although they'll be in a different
>> building, but they're close to parking on Frew St. by Flagstaff Hill.
>> If we don't hear from Beth, I'll see what I can do for a Wednesday
>> meeting next week.  Would people want to eat beforehand?  Should we
>> shoot for 7pm?
>>

> 7pm Wednesday would be perfect! Where shall we meet? Patrick, Beth,
> have we got a place to meet?
>
> BTW, I don't know Beth schedule. (I don't know anybody's schedule!)

Well, I was hoping to set a meeting date that she could make, but she
seems to be too busy
or out of contact at the time being.  7:00 PM on Wednesday works for
me.  Can we reach
a consensus?  Beth?  Chris?  Is that time/date OK?