[wplug-board] Board meeting next week, sometime?

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:56:22 EST 2006

On 1/12/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> > So.  The first thing I'd like to do is propose that we adopt a "tradition"
> > of "work + afterparty".  The concept is we work before we play.  I'd like
> > to recommend that we schedule board meetings at the most non-distracting
> > places possible - preferably meeting rooms.  No food.  No TV in the
> > background.  The goal is to get into the board meeting and get through
> > the agenda efficiently.
>
> Excellent idea.  A well run meeting should save us lots of time and keep
> tempers from flaring.  I've been told that a little vein pops out in my
> head when I get angry.  You don't want to see the angry vein do you?

Bill, doing "Work + afterparty" is a good idea, except that I'd
probably get hungry during the meeting. I think that if we're going to
do that, then we should schedule our meetings for c. 7:00pm, to allow
us time to chase down some grub beforehand.

And Patrick, I'd like to see that vein, if only once. We could... Nah... :)

I tended to get moody during the bylaws meetings when we got ourselves
wrapped up in something not-meeting-related. Which invariably happened
when we were ill-prepared. Having our board meetings first, with a
well-prepared agenda, should prevent parliamentary hangups and help us
all keep our veins out of public view.

[...]
> I can also see about reserving rooms, although they'll be in a different
> building, but they're close to parking on Frew St. by Flagstaff Hill.
> If we don't hear from Beth, I'll see what I can do for a Wednesday
> meeting next week.  Would people want to eat beforehand?  Should we
> shoot for 7pm?

7pm Wednesday would be perfect! Where shall we meet? Patrick, Beth,
have we got a place to meet?

BTW, I don't know Beth schedule. (I don't know anybody's schedule!)

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>