[wplug-board] Treasurer and Program Committee Report for 8/16/06

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 16 09:46:30 EDT 2006

Here's my report for 8/16/06:

** Financial Related Stuff **

Current Financial Status: ~ $264 cash
                          $297.61 in checking account

2 Proposals to be approved in writing:
  $47.95 for giveaway stuff (approved by voice vote at last meeting)
  $33.00 for PO Box (approved by voice vote at last meeting)

2 checks to be written:
  $47.95 to Patrick Wagstrom for giveaway stuff
  $33.00 to Patrick Wagstrom for PO Box

We NEED to be better about tracking where money goes at meetings.  I
have no records of who signed up and how their money got allocated at
the last few meetings.  Whoever is doing Pizza Troll and taking
membership needs to do this.  This is a financial liability issue - it
ensures we know where our money is coming from and where it is going.
Please take it seriously.  If we need to make the form easier or
whatever, let me know.

** Other Tasks **

I slipped up on the business cards -- I completely forgot.

PO Box has been rented.

Loot was ordered and has arrived.  We owe Vance a mug.  That leaves a
tote bag and two laptop stickers left.

FreeNode is still not registering people.

OLF announcement was sent out, not much more interest.  Will continue to
send monthly announcements.

** New Topics Suggested **

Committee membership and participation

Raise dues to $20 -- the membership seemed to support it

Need for better accounting at meetings

Freeze board size at 5 people.  7 will get messy.

** Program Committee Report **

Met briefly after the 8/5/06 meeting
September 16, nominations, will be at Sq Hill library.  Patrick Wagstrom
will be speaking on GNOME.  Mike O'Connor will host, Scott Kriebel will
try to co-host.

October 21, elections, will be at Sq Hill library.  Lightning talks will
be done.  Patrick Wagstrom will host.  No word on a co-host yet.

Judi Galardi was looking into a location for an Acronis presentation.

No one responds to my emails about scheduling.

That's all.

--Patrick