[wplug-board] Treasurer and Program Committee Report for 8/16/06

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:08:18 EDT 2006

Thanks, Patrick.

This gives me a chance to update the agenda. I forgot about some
matters concerning the P.O. box, and you wanted to discuss the poor
accounting at the meetings, and remedies for it. You also wanted to
talk about the size of the next Board.

On 8/16/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Here's my report for 8/16/06:
[...]
> We NEED to be better about tracking where money goes at meetings.  I
> have no records of who signed up and how their money got allocated at
> the last few meetings.  Whoever is doing Pizza Troll and taking
> membership needs to do this.  This is a financial liability issue - it
> ensures we know where our money is coming from and where it is going.
> Please take it seriously.  If we need to make the form easier or
> whatever, let me know.

Probably need to make a handful of copies of the form for each of us
on the Board. I could take care of that, but not before today's
meeting.

I've been collecting the sign-up sheets from past meetings. I can
share them with you if you need them for tracking purposes. It's easy
to pass the sign-up sheet around while collecting the pizza money. We
could put the Pizza Troll in charge of both tasks.

[...]
> ** New Topics Suggested **
[...]
> Freeze board size at 5 people.  7 will get messy.
[...]

You'll probably need to make a case for this.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>