[wplug-board] contact information for members

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:04:36 EDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
[...]
> For our accounting information, we really should have complete records
> for each person.  To me a complete record is:
>
> Real Name
> Email Address
> Postal Address

When the membership registration interface was created, the only
fields that were required were the Real Name (first and last) and the
Email Address...

> optional telephone number

It was good to get a Postal Address, and I particularly like have the
Phone Number. It was a great help in a recent situation.

> What do other people think about this?

I think you're right, but if this is for accounting purposes, as you
say, then are these all the fields that we would need?

I personally would urge the inclusion of a phone number, as well as
alert members that the maintenance of their account info is their own
personal responsibility.

I'll include this topic on next week's meeting agenda.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>