[wplug-board] Tomorrow's meeting agenda

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Aug 4 12:28:08 EDT 2006

> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:28 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> > > We need more, though:
> > > * Patrick, have we got the swag in yet? If not, can we get an
> > > effective substitute for the raffle?
> >
> > [Please have the swag, please, please, please ... anything else will
> >  be sub-optimal.]
>
> Well, despite the fact that I ordered the swag nearly two weeks ago, it
> still is listed in UPS as only "Billing Information Received" -- which
> happened on 08/02/06.  The first email from CafePress said that they
> were going to be delayed because of problems with stock -- not
> specifying which item.  I got the email shipment info in 6 business
> days, not the 1-2 they claimed on the website.  Now it's just been
> sitting there for another two days.  NewEgg.com this is not.

Grr ...

Not that this is your fault, Patrick, it's just frustrating.

Does anyone have time to make vouchers?

> > Technically, the dues to this point have been, "$5 per year, and you're
> > guaranteed a coupon for 1 free pizza".  The new dues are "$10 per year"
> > While we probably need to verbally clarify that this no longer includes
> > pizza, I don't see that it needs to be official wording.  Thoughts?
>
> Yeah, the resolution should read something like:
>
> "The WPLUG board moves that dues be increased to $10 a year"

For clarity:
"The WPLUG board moves dues be set at $10 per year starting Aug 6 2006"

> Anything else, is explanation or discussion and doesn't need to be in
> the resolution itself.

I agree.

[...]

> Sounds fine to me.  There's nothing to criteria for what the board
> recommends.  Of course, we can decide NOT to recommend a dues change if
> it's too out of whack.

I suppose ... but the membership can decide to force it through anyway, or
eject the board if it pisses them off enough.  I kind of ruled out the
possibility that the membership might experience temporary group insanity
for the duration of the meeting ...

> Here's an agenda:
>
> 1. Call to Order
> 2. Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
> 3. Reports of Officers
>  a. Chair
>  b. Vice Chair
>   1. Meeting space issues
>  c. Secretary
>   1. We currently have XX members, and increase of YY member
>      since last meeting.  This puts quorum for meetings at ZZ
>      and the board size at AA.
>  d. Treasurer
>   1. Discussion of Financial reports posted to Members list
>  e. Other Officers
> 4. Reports of Committees
>  a. Newsletter
>  b. PR
>  c. Internet
>  d. Erie LUG Revival
>  e. Program
> 5. Old Business
> 6. New Business
>  a. Motion by the board to increase dues to $10
> 7. General announcements
> 8. Adjournment

I keep forgetting about all the "stuff" that needs to be done at a meeting.

May I impose the request that people make a _serious_ effort to keep
reports as brief as possible!  We're going to struggle to fit this
into an hour.

> > Have you heard from anyone on the Internet Committee?
>
> I move that the Internet Committee and Program Committee be topics of
> discussion at our next meeting.  Neither one is getting their job's
> done.

I can't argue with either of those issues.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.