[wplug-board] board meeting 9/8/2005

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Sep 8 19:05:20 EDT 2005

Evan,

Mark and I met this evening to move forward with the transition to the new
bylaws and the establishment of membership. We are sorry that you could
not make it in person. Your many years of service to WPLUG are highly
appreciated however we need all of the board members to vote to make
these important changes happen. We can not move forward without your
participation. Would you please consider resignation so that you lack of
participation does not hinder WPLUG progress. If this is your intention
you many proceed by responding to this email.

The following proposals were made and Mark and I voted "yea"
* move web, irc, sysadmin committees to the Internet committee as described
in the proposed bylaws
* move general members meeting, installfest, tutorial, special events,
computer show, door opening committees to the the program committee as
described in proposed bylaws
* dissolve radio and all unknown committees
* accept proposed bylaws and proviso
* set the next board meeting on September 22, 2005

We can not move forward with accepting the pre-registered members as
members until these proposals are resolved. Time is of the essence so that
we will have bylaws that will govern the next board election and
eligible members to run and vote. Our goal is to hold a nominations
meeting on October 15 and an elections meeting on November 5.

Thank you,

Beth Lynn Eicher