[wplug-board] proposed changes

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue Nov 4 15:39:00 EST 2003

> I find this to be a problem for the following
> reasons in no apparent order.

Wow - I wasn't aware of the general Bad Stuff.  Then again I'm pretty
clueless.  Sounds like we need at least two workers at each meeting -
one to lead / direct the meeting, and one for support (snacks,
sign-in, lunch)

It sounds like the Existing Guard is burn(ing|ed) out, we have some
holes in our leadership (open board spots, our Fearless Leader moving
on into a less leading (but hopefully just as fearless) capacity -
more responsibility concentrating on fewer people, with some
(BethLynn) taking on a greater share of the burden.

I think we should decide how many New Folks we want, post a request to
the plan list - folks can email a list or go to a web page to express
their interest.  If someone doesn't want to nominate themselves, but
is interested in the job, they could mail a board member privately.
(I'm of this personality type - I can't explain it)  We can then decide
Who We Want.  (of course, we should be careful to avoid the contuation
of the Wplug Clique)

Once the board is in place, the group should probably evaluate what it
wants out the organization (and I'm sure this has been done before -
but it sounds like it needs revisiting).  Geek place to hang out once
or twice a month?  Hardcore evangelism?  Gateway drug for newbies?
Personally for me, I want a geek place to hang out, maybe learn some
things.

Wheeee,
++md

P.S.

RVSP's til the end of the year:
Nov 15:  out - will be in Virginia for a concert
Dec 6:   out - concert in apollo and one in vandergrift
Dec 13: I'll be there.
January: 3 & 10 - I'll be there, weather permitting.

and hopefully I'll be back on IRC on mondays and thursdays.