[wplug-board] proposed emergency meeting

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Jun 16 13:32:08 EDT 2003

On 16 Jun 2003, Mark Dalrymple wrote:

> > #1 Location
> > People are suggesting that we move. I think we should be able to stay
> > where we are if we are willing to stay the course through the summer.

I personally think Brian is being a little extremist in saying that CMU is
no longer viable. It's not a life or death meeting, and and the occational
problem shouldn't cause a panic. I was not there this weekend however.

> > #2 Loss of board members
>
> We've got two spots open?

Actually, I don't think we've ever had a full compilment of board members.
Someone needs to find the official canonical bylaws.

> > #5 Morale
> > Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the general morale is
> > decreasing from what I noticed over the lists and during the may gum.
>
> Yeah.  It could be the "it's the last minute and we don't have
> anything planned" syndrome, plus students are leaving.  MarkDude was
> kinda bummed.  Apparently someone told him that his impromptu rants
> "weren't welcome" (which was a surprise to me - I rather enjoy them).

I've never said anything about it, but they sometimes bother me. I
overlook it because they mainly bother me because they would be disruptive
if we were more organized.

-james