[wplug-board] proposed emergency meeting

bethlynn at wplug.org bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Jun 16 12:30:58 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'd like to propose an emergency meeting so that wplug can just get it's
shit together. I admit that I've been ignoring all things WPLUG since
May for my wedding and other personal things.

These are the problems that we are facing that I feel have reached
emergency levels or approaching the emergency state.

As usual, I am willing to open my home for the board meeting and provide
dinner. I suggest Sunday June 22nd, anytime after 1:30pm.

#1 Location
People are suggesting that we move. I think we should be able to stay
where we are if we are willing to stay the course through the summer.
I'll have to check with the facilities management folks when I get back.
We have a catch22. If were aren't consistent with date, time, location,
people whine. If we continue to stay when it's difficult to get there,
frustrations will continue

#2 Loss of board members
We need more help getting things DONE and it needs to be FUN or no one
will DO IT! As for the existing members, it might be a good idea to
do a reality check to see what we are able to do in the next 6 months.

#3 Summer Picnic - July 26
OK, So we've got the location that people were begging for this year, yet
we've got to have the enthusiasm from our membership to want to SHOW,
BRING STUFF, and HELP OUT

#4 Penguin hardware
It would be nice to have some newer hardware for stability and for more
speed for stuff that we'd like to do with the website. But we'd need to
raise some serious cash to be able to afford something nice.

#5 Morale
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the general morale is
decreasing from what I noticed over the lists and during the may gum.

If things aren't really this bad, please let me know. I just need a clue
since I've been away so long and I'd like to get things back in order.
Also, I have no clue if there are other problems that have not mentioned.

clue please?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn