[wplug-board] New home for wplug's webserver

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Jan 22 17:50:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Beth Lynn wrote:
> I just talked to Mark Puskar (our main network guy)
> about the networking issues regarding penguin's move
> to CMU. He thinks it would be best for CMU SCS to
> be the nameservers for penguin.wplug.org There are
> no technical restrictions, however he will have to
> double check policy with some big bosses to make
> sure that it's ok.

That seems reasonable, but there are some unclear details. I'm assuming he
means that SCS nameservers be listed in the whois database. That's cool.
What I would rather not do is give up the ability to make changes to the
domain directly. It is possible to setup the SCS nameservers as slaves to
a nameserver running on penguin. That is how it used to be setup at RHOL
and when the nameservers were at internap.

-james